Monkey's Paw

singleMBucks

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Granted... Julie Andrews pops round... Ahem, all-together now... DOH, a deer a female deer, RAY a drop of golden sun... ME a name I call myself, FAH a long long way to run... SOH a needle pulling thread, LA a note to follow SOH, TEA a drink wi.... yes, tea... a cup of tea would be lovely... start back at the beginning...

I wish I could draw a DAL SEGNO on here... !!

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Granted...all fonts and characters are now available for use in the forums. The photo sharing function has unfortunately been removed to make capacity for processing all the new funky things people will write.

I wish I lived on a boat.

Walks

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Granted, you now live on a narrow boat that is moored in the heart of a city with an engine that won't start so you are unable to go anywhere

I wish I had an Aston Martin

singleMBucks

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Granted... one Aston Martin... a James Bond one, with all the features... comes in it's own box, says "Matchbox" on the side...

I wish I could switch my imagination off...

Walks

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Granted your imagination is switched off, you have no ability to think about things other than what you see or hear and are unable to switch it back on

I wish I had a clean and tidy house

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Granted...Dave the cleaner from this thread is popping by Wednesday to make your house spotless...he takes his own sort of payment.

I wish there were more people in the world like Dave the Cleaner

Walks

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Granted there are more 'Dave's' cleaning, Dave's, Cooking Dave's in fact every job has it Dave's but they are all the most unappealing people in the world and no one will 'hire' them

I wish I was better at this thread

singleMBucks

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Granted... the Monkey's Paw Creative Methodology becomes yours... the wishes are embraced in their entirety, the scenes are set, and beautifully described. The Monkey's Paw grabs mercilessly, like a killer punchline from the world's finest comedian. But all this takes time, and some twat posts a thoughtless crap answer before you're finished !!

I wish there was Tracy the Cleaner !

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Granted. Tracy works for Dave's cleaning service. Her specialties include cleaning windows, floors and pipes. I'm sure if you show her a pipe that needs cleaning she will do diligence on it (with her scrubbing brush).

I wish I could sit and watch the bird migrate this autumn

singleMBucks

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
{ Hmmm... considering... and Tracy's phone number?? } ;-)

Granted, after more than a few emails to Bird organizations, it is universally agreed to stop by yours first. There are 'Teams' of Ducks, 'Bellowings' of Bullfinches, 'Tidings' of Magpies, 'Skeins' of Geese, a 'Herd' of Wrens, and a huge 'Murmuration' of Starlings. There is also a 'Kettle' of Hawks... when it boils they will all want tea !!

I wish there was a bit more summer to be honest !!

Walks

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Granted there is a 'bit' more summer, 5 seconds of summer, you have their music on loop and can listen to nothing else

I wish I was I could play a musical instrument

Last edited:

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Granted...you are now a professional one-string banjo player.

I wish I was at the park, in the sunshine

Walks

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Granted...you are now a professional one-string banjo player.

I wish I was at the park, in the sunshine
Granted you are at the park the sun is out and its a beautiful day but because its such a beautiful day everyone has had the same wish and there's barely room to move as it's so over crowded

I wish I was flexible

P

Perfectlypeach

Granted.. You are as flexible as can be now you have no bones

I wish for people to smile lots

singleMBucks

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Granted... the world is full of smiles... smiley smiles smiling smilingly ... everyone smiles at each other all the time, everywhere... but the, you know how clowns start to look creepy after a while... ;-)

I wish for a portal to a secret world...

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Granted...Open the little draw under your toolbox...you will find a staircase...as you shrink impossibly to fit into the entrance you begin to wonder if it would be wiser to bring your tape measure. But alas you are off tumbling down into the secret world of UnderBox where lost tools go to be found. You are free to roam and wander the land as long as you wish...just don't eat any of the food there.

I wish I had a solar powered home

Walks

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Granted you have a solar powered home, unfortunately there is no sun where you are and there isn't enough power from the sun to power your home

I wish I was super fit

singleMBucks

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Granted, and oooh look at you!! Running long races, lifting heavy weights, a-bending and a-stretching like a... like a... a bendy stretchy thing!! Unfortunately, the time it has taken to get you into this terrific shape means you are now one of those tired, withered-looking old fellows... who trail around at the end of every fun-run and 10k in the county... and while they wear the mantle of popularity and great human spirit... they really don't have much to say or any good stories to tell... except the one about the council guy clearing up the litter at the end of the race, who said "I think the race has finished mate"... see... not good !!

I wish I wasn't so energetically creative in the mornings !

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Granted... your creativity comes in energetic bursts from 10pm till 2am...you then find that clean up takes most of the rest of the morning. And because you only get 4 hours of creativity a day everyone and their brother are forever asking "when will we see the next painting, sculpture, work of magnificence?" and you are forever having to tell people... "good work takes time" Which is what they put on your tombstone when you die of sleep deprivation...

I wish I had planted cosmos this year.

singleMBucks

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Granted... someone has nipped back in time to plant various gorgeous varieties of cosmos for you... however... According to -The Spruce dot com- " Cosmos plants need full sun to bloom. If you have even the hint of shade, it might not flower." Thus... for one interested in 'Playful Shades' and primarily B/W photography, I wouldn't expect many blooms !!

I still wish I had someone to take all these runner beans off me 'ands... it's Runner-beans-ville round 'ere !! ;-)

Back