Last song you listened to

Silvana

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
DIRTY DANCING is in my top ten movies. Swayze is electric and Jennifer is perfect as the innocent, cookie-cutter Jewish girl who stumbles into love and then literally flies into her lover's arms in front of Daddy and the world. A must-see for any generation! I think one of the better Patrick Swayze vehicles. Love this movie have been watching this since I was a kid and still until this day R.I.P Patrick Swayze I hope your up there dancing in heaven with the angels.

Silvana

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
As featured in Days of Thunder, back when Tom Cruise was Tom Cruise, not all weird like he is now. Love this song...Leave me breathless, cover me, show me heaven, oh oh oh..and it feels divine.

Silvana

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Def Leppard in ROCK ROLL HALL OF FAME 2019. About time!!! 41 years together and well over 100 amazing songs. That is longer that the vast majority of marriages in today's world! A LONG time coming and rightly deserved!!!

Emeris

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Def Leppard in ROCK ROLL HALL OF FAME 2019. About time!!! 41 years together and well over 100 amazing songs. That is longer that the vast majority of marriages in today's world! A LONG time coming and rightly deserved!!!

Love your music choices, makes me feel younger :)

Silvana

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I am glad my music choices make you feel younger. The "Hair Metal" era, roughly '83 to '92 or so, represents the last time Heavy Metal was truly relevant. It represents the last time rock was culturally 'dangerous' and also fun as a genre - when rockstars still roamed the Earth. Took my nephew to see Arcade Fire two years ago. A good band. The audience seemed to enjoy themselves. But they had know idea what it was like when Def Leppard, Motley Crue or Poison hit the stage.

I feel sorry for kids today. If you didn't see it and all you know is the current hipster revisionist history, I can understand why it seemed silly. It was silly, even then. But we didn't care. The songs sounded great.

Silvana

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Love your music choices, makes me feel younger :)
I am glad my music choices make you feel younger.
I grew up with bands like Scorpions, Def Leppard, Judas Priest, Poison, Guns n Roses, Bon Jovi, Warrant, Motley Crue, Aerosmith etc. I love this music !

Emeris

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I am glad my music choices make you feel younger.
I grew up with bands like Scorpions, Def Leppard, Judas Priest, Poison, Guns n Roses, Bon Jovi, Warrant, Motley Crue, Aerosmith etc. I love this music !

It is the sort of music I listened to in the RAF

Silvana

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
It is the sort of music I listened to in the RAF
So you like Rock and Metal. Rock was never better then at the 80s/early 90s when Heavy Metal bands were ruling the world. What do you think?

Emeris

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
So you like Rock and Metal. Rock was never better then at the 80s/early 90s when Heavy Metal bands were ruling the world. What do you think?

I agree, all the music is ballads these days. They need more life in music today

Silvana

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
My favourite song from Aerosmith. DREAM ON! THIS SONG MAKES ME FEEL LIKE ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

Silvana

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
MICKEY ROURKE is my favourite actor for over 30 years. He has such an amazing screen presence. He was so handsome back in day..9 1/2weeks, Wild Orchid, Angel Heart, Johnny Handsome ...we were all in love with him. He was the man with the greatest sex appeal! I love you Mickey and always will.

Silvana

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
@Silvana are you by chance a fan of disturbed
No. I am not. After 1994 I found it harder to get excited about newer metal bands. I still love and listen to the older 80's and early 90's metal. For me the late 80s/early 90s were a great time to be a metal fan. I think it was a lot of fun, got our blood flowing...unlike grunge that came after it, with it's gloomy outlook on life. By like 93 and on rock became depressing sounding with snarling growling singers who were depressed. I remember in my high school senior year openly despising the grunge bands with a passion.

How do we go from bands like Guns N Roses, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Motley Crue doing sold out stadium gigs of tens of thousands to not even finding a mention of metal in popular culture? A lot of modern metal has just gotten too radio unfriendly to get a lot of mainstream attention and air-time. Screaming vocals turn a lot of people off.
80's/early90's were golden age of metal? There were a ton of good metal bands in the 80's. Abundance of bands were releasing almost consistently awesome albums. The 80's/early 90's was the best time for metal because it was everywhere, the age was metal. Stadium tours, albums in the charts, the era of high sales, magazines, fan clubs. So many amazing underground bands were still out there. Iron Maiden, Motley Crue, Poison, Def Leppard, Guns n Roses, Metallica, Bon Jovi, Dio and Ozzy were kings!

Two_face

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
No. I am not. After 1994 I found it harder to get excited about newer metal bands. I still love and listen to the older 80's and early 90's metal. For me the late 80s/early 90s were a great time to be a metal fan. I think it was a lot of fun, got our blood flowing...unlike grunge that came after it, with it's gloomy outlook on life. By like 93 and on rock became depressing sounding with snarling growling singers who were depressed. I remember in my high school senior year openly despising the grunge bands with a passion.

How do we go from bands like Guns N Roses, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Motley Crue doing sold out stadium gigs of tens of thousands to not even finding a mention of metal in popular culture? A lot of modern metal has just gotten too radio unfriendly to get a lot of mainstream attention and air-time. Screaming vocals turn a lot of people off.
80's/early90's were golden age of metal? There were a ton of good metal bands in the 80's. Abundance of bands were releasing almost consistently awesome albums. The 80's/early 90's was the best time for metal because it was everywhere, the age was metal. Stadium tours, albums in the charts, the era of high sales, magazines, fan clubs. So many amazing underground bands were still out there. Iron Maiden, Motley Crue, Poison, Def Leppard, Guns n Roses, Metallica, Bon Jovi, Dio and Ozzy were kings!
Hmmm fair enough. I definitely see what you're saying. You make a great point. I guess I'll just leave this here then

Back