Neighbourhood Q&A

Walks

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
@Firefly do you have a keen interest in photography? You always post such amazing pictures

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
@Firefly do you have a keen interest in photography? You always post such amazing pictures
it's in my blood I think. My great grandfather was a keen photographer. As a child there was always photos of the old life in East Africa or India or wherever in the Empire he had been sent. They made what many would call "exotic" completely commonplace in my mind. Family members riding on elephants, long caravans as he moved from village to village. Each image told such amazing stories (Of course they would be glass slide photos, so nothing like todays digital media I work in).

So I always thought of photographs as one of the best storytellers. And I do enjoy a good story.
(and yes, most of what I post here is taken on a DSLR rather than a smartphone.

Last edited:

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
@Enigma47 ha ha ha...I had been going through in my head who I would cast for various people in the forums and had the same pick for you...great minds think alike perhaps.

@shambles925 I had you down as Hopkins...but I can see Prowse :)

Walks

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
it's in my blood I think. My great grandfather was a keen photographer. As a child there was always photos of the old life in East Africa or India or wherever in the Empire he had been sent. They made what many would call "exotic" completely commonplace in my mind. Family members riding on elephants, long caravans as he moved from village to village. Each image told such amazing stories (Of course they would be glass slide photos, so nothing like todays digital media I work in).

So I always thought of photographs as one of the best storytellers. And I do enjoy a good story.
(and yes, most of what I post here is taken on a DSLR rather than a smartphone.
You preempted my next question, smartphone cameras are getting better but can't beat a good DSLR camera, @Firefly do you have a favourite subject to photograph? Other than yourself ;-)

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
You preempted my next question, smartphone cameras are getting better but can't beat a good DSLR camera, @Firefly do you have a favourite subject to photograph? Other than yourself ;-)
Colours are really my favourite subject. Anything with striking colours or interesting patterns. In that sense architecture, especially bridges, and flowers are long time favourites.

@Walks are you into photography? Would you share a pic on the Camera Roll thread?

Enigma47

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
@Enigma47 ha ha ha...I had been going through in my head who I would cast for various people in the forums and had the same pick for you...great minds think alike perhaps.

@shambles925 I had you down as Hopkins...but I can see Prowse :)
@Firefly, ah, great minds indeed (or just to bring us down a bit fools never differ)....I read yours before I got to guess but definitely Naomi Harris....

Walks

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Colours are really my favourite subject. Anything with striking colours or interesting patterns. In that sense architecture, especially bridges, and flowers are long time favourites.

@Walks are you into photography? Would you share a pic on the Camera Roll thread?

I do quite like photography and have my own DSLR camera but don't use it as much as I could or would like to! Cameras on phones are getting better but still nothing compared to a proper camera, most of the photos I have are sport related but will try to find something to post

@Firefly do you take your camera with you everywhere you go?

Adie

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
im colourblind, but her fave is purple

can you use paracord for bondage rope??
found some nice purple b black which I think she will like, (the white n blue im using is cak.. never buy B&Q rope!!)
I wouldn't recommend it. Para cord can cause rope burn easily, it stretches, and knots can both come undone or cinch down and become almost impossible to untie.

Paracord is way too thin for bondage. Generally, you want rope that's about 6 mm in diameter. Cotton and nylon can both be fairly cheap and are often recommended for beginners.

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I do quite like photography and have my own DSLR camera but don't use it as much as I could or would like to! Cameras on phones are getting better but still nothing compared to a proper camera, most of the photos I have are sport related but will try to find something to post

@Firefly do you take your camera with you everywhere you go?
No I don't. I tend to forget my phone...a lot...though if i have it with me then i have a quarter decent camera.

Im not hugely a fan of opportunist photography. I tend to think things out in advance. There is a thing I have seen and want to capture, so I wait for the weather, time of day and my mental state to line up before going to photograph it. There is one photo of the wolf moon rising over a little hill near where I live that I have been waiting 8 or 9 years to take. I can still see exactly the photo I want...things just haven't lined up yet.

For my portrait work, it is all very deliberate. ;)

Walks

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
No I don't. I tend to forget my phone...a lot...though if i have it with me then i have a quarter decent camera.

Im not hugely a fan of opportunist photography. I tend to think things out in advance. There is a thing I have seen and want to capture, so I wait for the weather, time of day and my mental state to line up before going to photograph it. There is one photo of the wolf moon rising over a little hill near where I live that I have been waiting 8 or 9 years to take. I can still see exactly the photo I want...things just haven't lined up yet.

For my portrait work, it is all very deliberate. ;)
The photos you post on here are amazing, always seductive, suggestive, sensual and sexy, you certainly have a great eye for a photo, being beautiful and having an amazing body certainly helps ;-) and I always look forward to seeing your latest offering

T

ThreeJay

I imagined those questions being asked in the same way Jay from dogma starts ranting at the end of the movie...

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
@VipOmen I know you said not to ask....but I'm going to ask...are you an ambulance driver?

Back