Neighbourhood Q&A

Walks

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
@Firefly you often mention about getting out on the bike, how often do you actually go for a ride?

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
@Firefly you often mention about getting out on the bike, how often do you actually go for a ride?
haha...I literally just got back from a ride!
Actually, as much as possible, I commute by bike. So daily, with long rides when I have a day off (although that might only be once every 2 months when things are bad). But we get quite a lot of snow here, and I don't have a winterized bike anymore, so these past 3-4 weeks only one or two times. I'm hoping spring has basically started though...6 weeks off right...practically tomorrow.

Walks

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
haha...I literally just got back from a ride!
Actually, as much as possible, I commute by bike. So daily, with long rides when I have a day off (although that might only be once every 2 months when things are bad). But we get quite a lot of snow here, and I don't have a winterized bike anymore, so these past 3-4 weeks only one or two times. I'm hoping spring has basically started though...6 weeks off right...practically tomorrow.
That's very healthy and eco friendly of you, how long is your commute? Does it count as a good workout?

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
That's very healthy and eco friendly of you, how long is your commute? Does it count as a good workout?
Depending where I'm working 1 to 10 miles most days are just two miles one way. I don't know that it counts as a good workout but it's almost faster by bike than by car and certainly less hassle. then, I may have only got my driver's license a year-and-a-half ago so before that I didn't have a choice.

Walks

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Depending where I'm working 1 to 10 miles most days are just two miles one way. I don't know that it counts as a good workout but it's almost faster by bike than by car and certainly less hassle. then, I may have only got my driver's license a year-and-a-half ago so before that I didn't have a choice.
That's still a fair distance and if you enjoy cycling as well as it being less hassle and at least as quick then that's a bonus! Do you ever need a leg rub when you get home from work? I'd gladly offer my service (along with back tickles of course)
;)

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
@Walks what experience do you have as a masseur? Have you ever taken any training or courses perhaps some reflexology?

Foreigner69

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I haven't...yet. I have a very dear friend in Poznan...so should I ever make it...that would surely be on my list.
Never been in there but it's quite big city so for sure there is a lot nice places. If you like to ride a bike or walk have to visit polish mountains ;) it's worth to go off the trail ;)

Foreigner69

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
@Firefly you mentioned you've got lot of snow in winter, so where do you like now? Is it in UK or abroad? :)

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
@Firefly you mentioned you've got lot of snow in winter, so where do you like now? Is it in UK or abroad? :)
abroad. I actually finished living in the UK in 1989ish...but I still have plenty of family and friends there so do travel back from time to time.
*gives international pandemic the finger*
one day anyway...

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
@Cazz You share a lot of great music in the music thread. How do you listen to music? Apps? Radio? Live? What is your favourite place to enjoy music?

Back