Feedback on new chat interface

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Has something about the mobile site been changed?

I'm using the default Samsung Galaxy web browser, which can be glitchy and it might be just a problem with my browser, but I'm finding there's something weird about the fit of the page in forum.
for example the zoom doesn't seem to be right. For example the page appears slightly smaller than the screen or sometimes whole page slides off to the left or the right if I don't swipe properly.

Not sure if it's just me, the browser or if there might be a problem with the program.
Just giving you the heads-up.

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Screenshot_20230831_092559_Samsung Internet.jpg
Like this
And actually it only slides off on this side it doesn't slide off on the other side.

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Oh I think I figured it out.
There seems to be a new ad banner that isn't sized properly
Until recently only the blue Banner appeared but since yesterday or so the black one also appears
Screenshot_20230831_092938_Samsung Internet.jpg

Stretchit

UKChat Expert
Reaction score

I'm using the default Samsung Galaxy web browser, which can be glitchy and it might be just a problem with my browser, but I'm finding there's something weird about the fit of the page in forum.
for example the zoom doesn't seem to be right. For example the page appears slightly smaller than the screen or sometimes whole page slides off to the left or the right if I don't swipe properly.

Not sure if it's just me, the browser or if there might be a problem with the program.
I’m on an iPhone 5, using the safari browser and the same thing happened to me a couple of times yesterday. Refreshing the page didn’t help so I closed to page and opened a new tab to get onto the website and it was back to normal. However it happened a couple more times and the only way to sort it was close and reopen a new tab.

Stretchit

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I will also mention while I was on the computer yesterday I didn’t have this issue, so the size scaling of the banner you mentioned might be too big or my phone just isn’t modern enough so it can’t handle all the things happening on one page.

shambles925

UKChat Expert
Reaction score

It was the same on Apple phone last night

Stretchit

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Before refreshingFBDABF6B-083A-4F73-BA67-251429AC57D7.png

After refreshing

797560EC-02C4-40F6-9D0F-5AAAE6434A59.png

After closing the tab, opening a new one and coming back onto UKChat

6E192821-131A-4471-85E6-D76FE63CE4E2.png

Longstone1

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Is anything being done about the advert size? Or the fact that the site opens a new window the first time you press an action button? So frustrating trying to use this site at the moment

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Hi - I've asked the site COO and site developer if they can take a look at all the comments made in this thread about the sizing of that ad banner. Sorry I never use a phone to access chat.
thank you♡

Longstone1

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Hi - I've asked the site COO and site developer if they can take a look at all the comments made in this thread about the sizing of that ad banner. Sorry I never use a phone to access chat.
Is anything happening? Or are the users just being ignored?

What about the stupid ad config that means that pressing on certain action buttons for the first time opens a second copy of the page you’re on and then redirects the original to a jerkmate advert? Very frustrating

elwoodbluz1966

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is anything happening? Or are the users just being ignored?

What about the stupid ad config that means that pressing on certain action buttons for the first time opens a second copy of the page you’re on and then redirects the original to a jerkmate advert? Very frustrating
All issues are passed onto the site developer, we don't ignore problems that are brought to our attention, but equally, we personally can't resolve them. The ad banner issue was reported some time ago.

Longstone1

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
All issues are passed onto the site developer, we don't ignore problems that are brought to our attention, but equally, we personally can't resolve them. The ad banner issue was reported some time ago.
I’ve answered this once already. Naturally it got deleted by the Jerkmate redirect.

Do none of the admins have actual admin control over the site?

elwoodbluz1966

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve answered this once already. Naturally it got deleted by the Jerkmate redirect.

Do none of the admins have actual admin control over the site?
Depends what you mean by admin control ? We run the two UK sites on behalf of the COO and site owner. We do not deal with the technical issues that arise on the site. The site developer does.

Back