Feedback on new chat interface

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Those of you that left chat because of the new software.. Why? Please be specific. We're trying to determine the pain points people have experienced when moving to the new system.

Example of useful feedback: "I find it difficult to use @ instead of tab for autocompleting peoples names", or "The font is difficult to read"

If you see a post that describes your issue already be sure to like it so we know multiple people agree.

Adie

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I think this is a really good opportunity for chat users to express their feelings regarding the features or lack of.
There is no point grumbling about thing generally. Be specific, at least take advantage of expressing your view, while there is the opportunity & possablity to change things. Granted not everything isere possible. But if you don't ask you won't get.
I am not a prolific user of chat and it didn't help the day I spent on it there were technical issues with users being logged in & out on mass.
Seriously share your views to help improve the experience for all. Who knows you may have similar issues to others.
On another point if any one can tidy up the forum and possibly lock some of the old/dead threads that would be a nice touch.
Thanks.

Miss_Understanding

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think this is a really good opportunity for chat users to express their feelings regarding the features or lack of.
There is no point grumbling about thing generally. Be specific, at least take advantage of expressing your view, while there is the opportunity & possablity to change things. Granted not everything isere possible. But if you don't ask you won't get.
I am not a prolific user of chat and it didn't help the day I spent on it there were technical issues with users being logged in & out on mass.
Seriously share your views to help improve the experience for all. Who knows you may have similar issues to others.
On another point if any one can tidy up the forum and possibly lock some of the old/dead threads that would be a nice touch.
Thanks.
I’ll spend some time tonight clearing up the forums. And yes, when you were there, we had some serious technical issues that are now solved

Miss_Understanding

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, we need to know specifically what’s annoying people.
‘this is shit’
‘Bring back the old layout’
Not helpful lol

shambles925

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
As someone who isn’t a chat user I can’t really comment on it but re the forum side I can only echo what @Adie and @Ste1972 have said. The removal of dead threads in particular which have been posted by folk who are no longer members would be beneficial to all. Thanks

Miss_Understanding

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As someone who isn’t a chat user I can’t really comment on it but re the forum side I can only echo what @Adie and @Ste1972 have said. The removal of dead threads in particular which have been posted by folk who are no longer members would be beneficial to all. Thanks
I am slowly but surely browsing the forums for dead posts. But there are 20 thousand threads lol, please bring the ones you see to my attention :cool:

enolou

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
so much better than the old interface which would connect ... but then not allow me to see user lists etc .. 10/10 for this one.

F

FlapjackOctopus

I would like to have the arrows back to switch from one room to another on a phone. Its no biggie but was so much easier. All in all I like it - and when uv twiddled with ya preferences - its much better

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Desktop user.
Very very small things:
1. Using *something* to make it look like an action, now it still italicizes inside the stars, but the : after the name is still there...
2. : ) : D were such easy command for creating emojis...while it is fun having a wider selection...it is almost too wide and slows up the flow of the chat searching for the right one...(although this I suppose is a matter of practice)
Bigger things:
1. Old format all PM would stack in one line which was much easier to manage. Now only 5 or 6 PMs fit in the line, and others are hidden below. While it is easier to see the user name of each PM, when one get's bombarded with PMs it is much harder to clear them now.
2. Also, after closing a PM it brings you back to a main room, rather than the next open PM...again making clearing PMs less comfortable.
(of course to the solution to both those problems is not to get bombarded with PMs...but well)

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Two other things.
1. Used to be 1 click to share a photo...but now with the option to take a photo...it means two clicks to share a photo...not a huge deal, but it is one more click that before...Could they not just be two buttons.
2. I kind of think the default setting in private rooms should be not to reveal pics. I know (now) I can change this in settings. Especially for new users, I think this will help them get comfortable in this environment, and perhaps want to stay longer. I think it adds to the excitement, receiving and then choosing to look or not. And also let them know they don't have to look at every image that is sent to them. For more veteran users, I enjoyed the moment of "I've got a present but I don't know what it is" before opening the link in the old style. Further more as there are still unscrupulous people who send unsolicited photographs of genitals. And if the default is that PMs don't show the image until clicked it gives the recipient the space to ask..."is this a photo of someone's genitals that I haven't asked to see?"
Also...the "dick pic" warning was much appreciated.

Miss_Understanding

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Desktop user.
Very very small things:
1. Using *something* to make it look like an action, now it still italicizes inside the stars, but the : after the name is still there...
2. : ) : D were such easy command for creating emojis...while it is fun having a wider selection...it is almost too wide and slows up the flow of the chat searching for the right one...(although this I suppose is a matter of practice)
Bigger things:
1. Old format all PM would stack in one line which was much easier to manage. Now only 5 or 6 PMs fit in the line, and others are hidden below. While it is easier to see the user name of each PM, when one get's bombarded with PMs it is much harder to clear them now.
2. Also, after closing a PM it brings you back to a main room, rather than the next open PM...again making clearing PMs less comfortable.
(of course to the solution to both those problems is not to get bombarded with PMs...but well)
@absentia

Back