Feedback on new chat interface

S

silentfem

i too want my account deleted as soon as as the buzz for using this site has gone sine they changed the format

M

Marriedman70

Hi I see there is a group room function now when will it work please?

W

Wells88

Those of you that left chat because of the new software.. Why? Please be specific. We're trying to determine the pain points people have experienced when moving to the new system.

Example of useful feedback: "I find it difficult to use @ instead of tab for autocompleting peoples names", or "The font is difficult to read"

If you see a post that describes your issue already be sure to like it so we know multiple people agree.
How do I delete my acc??

nexus

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
OK, long time dead thread but here's something that has been bugging me for ages.

When you Ignore someone they should be able to ***see*** that you are Ignoring them. They should see a message saying 'User @xxxxx is ignoring you'.

This way, trolls will see numerous ignore messages and are likely to leave. Trolls are only there for the attention.

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I don't know that it's a good idea to give them a message of who is ignoring them. it might just cause more antagonization, as well as give trolls evidence that they're having an effect on whoever they are targeting.
perhaps just a message you have been ignored would be sufficient

Red_Phoenix

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I don't know that it's a good idea to give them a message of who is ignoring them. it might just cause more antagonization, as well as give trolls evidence that they're having an effect on whoever they are targeting.
I'd have concerns that saying "xxxxx has ignored you", will just lead to further abuse, even the simple "you have been ignored" could lead to some people assuming the one doing the ignoring is the wrong person, and again cause further trouble...

nexus

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Disagree.
Why would someone bother trolling a person or a chatroom if they can see that the target(s) aren't even seeing the messages? Trolls will go quickly.

M

Majora

Disagree.
Why would someone bother trolling a person or a chatroom if they can see that the target(s) aren't even seeing the messages? Trolls will go quickly.
Trolls minds work in mysterious ways. They'd probably just come back as another name and start again.

nexus

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Trolls minds work in mysterious ways. They'd probably just come back as another name and start again.
True - and loads do - but that's an added inconvenience for them. Nothing is foolproof. Maybe it could be an option then. Seems simple enough.
I'd certainly like those I block to see that I've blocked them.

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
It would be useful if there was an easier way to delete large numbers of one's own posts.

It's possible to search and find all of one's posts in a thread if there was like a tick box that we could select all and delete that might be helpful.

Adie

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Personally all posts should have a time span. There are threads on the forum for example in local arrangements that are pre Covid and so out of date that they deserve deltion. Unfortunately new members unaware they are responding to old dead comments or long lost members revive these articles.
Perhaps for gdpr purpose and ease of maintenance for staff, posts could be set to delete after set time frames?

Lemmy

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Those of you that left chat because of the new software.. Why? Please be specific. We're trying to determine the pain points people have experienced when moving to the new system.

Example of useful feedback: "I find it difficult to use @ instead of tab for autocompleting peoples names", or "The font is difficult to read"

If you see a post that describes your issue already be sure to like it so we know multiple people agree.
I object to being placed in rooms when I log in that I don't want to be in and haven't given permission to

paul50

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I carn’t send mgs in live chat rooms or private from my friends list for some reason. Send arrow doesn’t work.

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
As much as I hate "Hi, how are you?" greetings. Racist comments about Japanese Milf's are 10 million fucking times worse.
1. what the fuck is wrong with you people?

2. @Admin Can we get rid of the IP address identifying country flags? Some of us don't have UK IP addresses and this becomes a fairly significant reveal of information that is negatively affecting some people's (namely, my ;) ) chat experience.

Back