Neighbourhood Q&A

Adie

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
@Adie How do you feel about Ferris Wheels?
A fun fair or even a city these days is not complete with out a Ferris wheel.
The one on my profile is naturaly the London Eye as it is in my city. I have indeed been on it and can advocate it is a good ride with stunning views of London Westminster and the Thames.

Stu83art

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
@Firefly that's a tricky one to answer.

Entirely depends on the situation. I have to say that both have appeals.
Deep muscle for a complete destress and then the ticket for the more fun and personal touch!

BBW1986

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Fun thread. I'm lost though

Hey @Stu83art
So this is a different kind of introductions thread. Use this space to ask others in the neighbourhood those burning questions that have been keeping you up at night. Or those silly questions that might get a laugh. Or those weird questions that might make a newbie feel at home.

If there's something you would like to know about someone, simply Tag them (using the @their name) and ask your question. Person responding, please quote the question when you do.
KEEP IT CASUAL. If you get a question you aren't comfortable answering of course you can deflect it.
And hopefully, let's have a little fun.

Hopefully this helps :)

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
@GeorgeC What is the significance of the rose? Also, in a related or unrelated stream, what is your best memory involving a rose?

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
One hobby for the rest of forever!

Although if you have an hobby you're yet to pursue what is that also?
one hobby for the rest of forever: assuming my body will age as it does, gardening. as much as I would love to play rugby or cycle for the rest of forever (and I do know several people who still play in their 80s) I think the garden will provide entertainment, relaxation, stress relief and one day even food for my twilight years.

new interest i've yet to pursue: jujitsu, because i do enjoy a good struggle snuggle

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
@Mrbluesky What is your favourite kind of sandwich? Do you make it yourself or have it made for you?

dicusdiminutivus

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
@Firefly Why do you need a recipe for scrambled eggs? They're simple. I find a non-stick pan best. break 3 (minimum) extra large free range eggs into the pan, add butter and milk, mix all together, either with a wooden spoon/spatula or non-stick whisk, heat gently, stirring constantly.
Meanwhile slice and toast your home-made bread, butter once toasted.
As the eggs start to scramble, keep stirring, bringing the cooked mix from the bottom and sides of the pan, untill the desired consistency is reached, Remove from heat, pile onto the buttered toast, and eat, with salt and pepper if you wish.

Dammit, feel like breakfast now, but will need to go buy some more eggs.

Poaching eggs really well is way more difficult.

Stu83art

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
@Stu83art How do you make scrambled eggs?
Good question.

Take 3 eggs, crack into a bowl and whisk, add a large splash of milk continue to whisk. Salt and pepper just a touch at this point and a generous knob of butter.

Ifi am being lazy then I would microwave it at this point.

Otherwise a gentle heated pan and add the eggs then using a wooden spoon agitate the eggs until they are cooked.

Season to taste and add garnish of choice.

Best served with smoked salmon...

@Firefly how do you unwind?

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
@Firefly Why do you need a recipe for scrambled eggs? They're simple. I find a non-stick pan best. break 3 (minimum) extra large free range eggs into the pan, add butter and milk, mix all together, either with a wooden spoon/spatula or non-stick whisk, heat gently, stirring constantly.
Meanwhile slice and toast your home-made bread, butter once toasted.
As the eggs start to scramble, keep stirring, bringing the cooked mix from the bottom and sides of the pan, untill the desired consistency is reached, Remove from heat, pile onto the buttered toast, and eat, with salt and pepper if you wish.

Dammit, feel like breakfast now, but will need to go buy some more eggs.

Poaching eggs really well is way more difficult.
I didn't ask for a recipe. I simple asked how you do it. Scrambled eggs are a fairly simple meal, but in their simplicity is a true honesty. They can reveal the secrets of humanity.

It is also good to know what I can expect for breakfast.
(home-made bread...yum yum)

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Otherwise a gentle heated pan and add the eggs then using a wooden spoon agitate the eggs until they are cooked.
I like the detail of the wooden spoon. What is it about being stirred by a wooden spoon that seems somehow essential to a good scrambled egg. Thanks for the insight.

@Firefly how do you unwind?

As for how I unwind...
I generally don't like to do that. I'm not very good at relaxing, being still or vegging out.
After work/before bed, I enjoy chatting with friends and strangers.
And when I'm feeling stressed or overwhelmed, yoga, swimming or sleep tend to be the best activities available to me to reset myself. But a deep conversation and a cup of tea are also well enjoyed.

Last edited:
Back