Curious as to why?

ThisWayThatWay

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I was going to comment, forgot what i was going to say then had to go back and re-read all the comments, it's going to be a long morning, lol.

OK so the main reason (I believe), that SOME guys on here believe the fakes is quite straightforward, the male to female ratio is skewed to favour blue. So when there is a 'pink' in the room, especially if they are new it can lead to a swarm like bees around a honey pot. Add in that this is a free site with no verification required and you get a number of people pretending to be what they are not. It isn't just guests either, it's incredibly easy to make a vague profile on here because that's the point. We can be anonymous if we choose to be.

The next point about women or people appearing to be women for the purposes of extorting/extracting money. In fairness the mods have a zero tolerance approach to this and will drop kick anyone overtly doing this off the site. So if anyone comes across such an individual, the report button is there for a reason.

Ellisa raises a good point about reality vs the online. Again, this site is free and doesn't verify (then again most dating sites are free to join then pay to message/interact) and i don't view it as a dating site. When i did online dating, where there was a mutual interest things progressed quickly from messaging on the site, to emails, to conversation on msn (showing my age lol!), to exchanging phone numbers and finally to a date in person. I haven't given anyone on here my real email, let alone a phone number. I don't really view this as anything other than a chat site while accepting that others may want more from it.

This is probably the point, SOME men view this as a fuck meet site and so will 'jump' on anything pink thinking with what dangles between their legs and not taking a breath to think, 'is this person for real and how invested in them should i be?'

There is a major downside from the behaviour of these fakers, that is the real women are met with scepticism or hostility when posting pics. This is upsetting for the women (i know you're all pretty robust but being met with constant doubt can take its toll) and can kill the chat with comments like, 'that isn't you' or 'google pics'.

We can all be vigilant with who we are chating to, whilst at the same time giving people the benefit of doubt until proven otherwise.

TWTW

Longstone1

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I’ve been wondering this myself. I find it especially odd when they are shown to be fake but people keep engaging with the fake personality. Very strange

CharlieL71

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Just a quick question to some of the guys out there?..... are you all that gullible that you really believe all the fake profiles and pics on here or don't you care if the person your speaking to is completely lying as to who they are? Maybe it's just me but I'd hate to be chatting to someone and find out that person is deceiving me. Maybe I'm just too honest or maybe you like the fantasy of not really knowing?? I'm just a nosey bitch lol and I'd like to know your opinions on this?

I’ve been caught out a few times and it sucks. But there’s subtle (and bleeding obvious) hints if you know where to look.

It’s not much fun when they ask for money, because I’m skint.

Nagromnai

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Just a quick question to some of the guys out there?..... are you all that gullible that you really believe all the fake profiles and pics on here or don't you care if the person your speaking to is completely lying as to who they are? Maybe it's just me but I'd hate to be chatting to someone and find out that person is deceiving me. Maybe I'm just too honest or maybe you like the fantasy of not really knowing?? I'm just a nosey bitch lol and I'd like to know your opinions on this?
I guess it's partly not caring if they are fake or not for some and being gullible for others or a mix of both, I don't see the point of pretending to be something your not but I know a lot of people like the anonymity of it and the internet affords that possibility so easily.

yeti4002

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
We are just blinkered by hot bods lol x

MarcyBoy326828

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Seems that most men on here are desperate and most women are taking advantage of that to make some quick money. This site should be regulated, it could be loads better with a bit of work. Hey, wait... you mean you're a genuine woman???

SexyScarlett

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Seems that most men on here are desperate and most women are taking advantage of that to make some quick money. This site should be regulated, it could be loads better with a bit of work. Hey, wait... you mean you're a genuine woman???
Well I'm not here for money so I guess I am lol

Odomical

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Shouldn't the ones asking for money in posts on the forums get an instant ban? otherwise this site is just going to end up a salesroom for prostitution.

D

Dave30032006

Sadly we live in a fakers world , it's just too easy now, & even when people are real, are the pretending to be something they are not!

shambles925

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
There are a few fakes on here but it doesn’t take long to spot most of them, and there are always good people on here looking out for them.

Back