Become a Moderator

TheDalaiDrama

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Let me rephrase, if you are complaining or contesting a ban, there is a thread for that. This isn't said thread.

Bam36

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
It won't let me submit the form no matter how much I've filled it in, it keeps saying I need to put more

viper1073

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I applied for a mod status under a different ID (iain1073) i was wondering if that could be switched to this iD or do i need to fill out another application

elwoodbluz1966

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I applied for a mod status under a different ID (iain1073) i was wondering if that could be switched to this iD or do i need to fill out another application
Yes you'll need to apply again in this new name viper1073 - let me or Jody know when you have done it

elwoodbluz1966

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jody asked me to apply so I tried but the form wont let me fill it out , keeps saying not enough in the brag box lol . sorry guys

Hi Metalred

You need to type 255 characters in the two boxes 'previous experience' and 'why do you want to become a moderator' then the form will submit fine.

SussexStalwart

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Any chance of the terms and conditions/set of rules,codes of conduct that are laid out for moderators,i'd like to go through them before i apply?
Thanks

Smudgemonkey

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
IMG_0107.JPG I think that all chatrooms do need to have moderators because from my experience things can get out of hand very quickly and with my experience of dealing with people that get emotional and upset in my daily job im a drugs and alcohol recovery worker so I am used to dealing with such outburst. Without the aid of moderators, things will escalate very quickly. I hope IIMG_0107.JPG am worthy of doing this job and relish the chance to have a go at it

Flexi12

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Kudos and respect to you for the work you do. :):):)

VampirePrincess

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
from previous experience on the chat of people using hate speech and making people feel upset. I think I’d make a great moderator as I deal with bullying on a daily basis. I’m a support worker and I know when people are being unfair, rude, inappropriate or just spamming. I also can tell if someone is real or fake. I know to remove people if they are pedophiles or just looking for trouble. I could jump in the chat at night time as well as I don’t really sleep hence the name vampire comes to mind. I would look forward to help make the chat a safe and friendlier place for all users.

elwoodbluz1966

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
from previous experience on the chat of people using hate speech and making people feel upset. I think I’d make a great moderator as I deal with bullying on a daily basis. I’m a support worker and I know when people are being unfair, rude, inappropriate or just spamming. I also can tell if someone is real or fake. I know to remove people if they are pedophiles or just looking for trouble. I could jump in the chat at night time as well as I don’t really sleep hence the name vampire comes to mind. I would look forward to help make the chat a safe and friendlier place for all users.
You need to apply here please - UKChat.co.uk - Moderator Application Form - Free Chat Rooms

RunForrest

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Hi, I’m on here quite a bit and see racism, sexism, disrespect etc, not sure the chat rooms are moderated that much atm?

Metalred

UKChat Expert
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I’m on here quite a bit and see racism, sexism, disrespect etc, not sure the chat rooms are moderated that much atm?
All the moderators are volunteers who work , have families and lives. We get on here as much as we can to moderate and when we are here do remove the rule breakers. Chatters also have the function button to ignore what they do not want to see or people they do not want to talk to . We cannot ban for disrespect or we would have no chatters left! If you know people who would like to become moderators please get them to sign up its appreciated.

Back