What exactly are the robots??

Beasty220

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
One thing I've always wondered - when you go to see who is online, you can see Members, Guests and Robots. The Robots appear to be search engines (and disproportionately Bing), but I'm curious what exactly is happening here? Anyone understand the technology able to help me out??

Adie

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Search robots, also known as bots, wanderers, spiders, and crawlers, are the tools many web search engines, such as Google , Bing , and Yahoo! , use to build their databases. Most robots work like web browsers, except they don't require user interaction.
tumblr_ludkhwDJOj1qbshoco1_640.gif
Occasionally they need down time too and can found having fun on sites like this as they try to figure out how to cacagorise a place like this.
Support sexy bots. Remember... Have fun
Don't forget to clear your history. Lol.

N

Newburysub

Search robots, also known as bots, wanderers, spiders, and crawlers, are the tools many web search engines, such as Google , Bing , and Yahoo! , use to build their databases. Most robots work like web browsers, except they don't require user interaction.
View attachment 75428
Occasionally they need down time too and can found having fun on sites like this as they try to figure out how to cacagorise a place like this.
Support sexy bots. Remember... Have fun
Don't forget to clear your history. Lol.
All true, anyone with a website that checks who visited will see lots of different bots have been, some good others bad. Today's bots are everywhere and getting smarter all the time. Let's now wonder how many topics were started by a bot. And those rumors @Adie is just a bot are lies, he has legs as well.

Back