We need to have a word about site ads here.

Nathan-94-Telford

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm going straight up say, I use ab-block. Sue me.

Now, I also love this site. Here every day, as I'm sure a lot of frequent users will attest.

For a while I've been quietly irked by the way the site loads up a Cam-girl site without my permission every time I join the chat room. But, I said nothing, as it was a minor annoyance.

However now you've added a "Turn off that pesky ad-block" pop-up that REFUSES to let you join chat.

Now opening new windows without your permission is a dodgy thing to do in the first place, and even with ad blocker, you're still making money. Fine. But to compound that with circumnavigating ab-block and essentially saying "Hey, you're not coming in unless you turn off your ab-blocker" is pretty damn cheeky.

Yeah, you gotta make money, I get that, but aren't you making enough via that pop-up window that comes up whenever we log-in? Probably running the risk of a bollocking with this, but it's something that's really pissed me off. What other ads are going to appear with it off? How intrusive are they going to be? Do you vet the sites these ads are linking to?

I don't feel that these are unreasonable questions and grievances.

inb4 "don't like it? Leave"
inb4 b&

enolou

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm going straight up say, I use ab-block. Sue me.

Now, I also love this site. Here every day, as I'm sure a lot of frequent users will attest.

For a while I've been quietly irked by the way the site loads up a Cam-girl site without my permission every time I join the chat room. But, I said nothing, as it was a minor annoyance.

However now you've added a "Turn off that pesky ad-block" pop-up that REFUSES to let you join chat.

Now opening new windows without your permission is a dodgy thing to do in the first place, and even with ad blocker, you're still making money. Fine. But to compound that with circumnavigating ab-block and essentially saying "Hey, you're not coming in unless you turn off your ab-blocker" is pretty damn cheeky.

Yeah, you gotta make money, I get that, but aren't you making enough via that pop-up window that comes up whenever we log-in? Probably running the risk of a bollocking with this, but it's something that's really pissed me off. What other ads are going to appear with it off? How intrusive are they going to be? Do you vet the sites these ads are linking to?

I don't feel that these are unreasonable questions and grievances.

inb4 "don't like it? Leave"
inb4 b&

I happen to agree ......... I have been trying to get into chat for a couple of days .... I choose to use and ad blocker for my own security along with not enabling cookies etc.

enolou

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
cant get into chat ....... thats the problem.

jessy_t

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I can't log in even after stopping ad block!
When is this gonna be sorted? I don't mind having it turned off for here but I'm not uninstalling adblock just to chat here

vitriolicv

Administrator
Reaction score
You need to look up how to whitelist sites properly in whatever ad blocking software you have.

jessy_t

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I have done all of this! ive evn totally uninstalled adblock from my firefox and it STILL keeps dropping that adblock warning no matter what i do! this isnt a problem on my end this is faulty programming on the sites end!

jessy_t

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Without those ads and cam girls, there is no chat.
im not saying dont have adds i totally get that a free site needs to make revenue what im saying is that the adblock detector is a little too robust!
I took adblock off but still cant use cams etc.....shame as i liked caming on here sometimes

Back