Teacher/student

L

LoveWomen

Is it right for a teacher to date/have sex with a pupil or student?

L

LoveWomen

In university, where students are at least 18 it throws up ethical issues.
I guess it is better not to be involved in a relationship with a student if the student can obtain in return a favour such as a first class honour not deserved. But if the relationship is genuine and happy why not

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Toygurl

I guess it is better not to be involved in a relationship with a student if the student can obtain in return a favour such as a first class honour not deserved. But if the relationship is genuine and happy why not
Exactly why it’s an ethical issue in universities, that could cost ones job although since a student is 18 no prosecutions

L

LoveWomen

Exactly why it’s an ethical issue in universities, that could cost ones job although since a student is 18 no prosecutions
I am talking here about relationship between two adults. If the student is underaged no such relationship should take place. Minors should be protected

Hornyasfuck88

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I'm sure it's fine as a bedroom fantasy but not real life, as teachers are figures of responsibility, saying that I had a French teacher with huge knockers that... Well I digress

T

Toygurl

I am talking here about relationship between two adults. If the student is underaged no such relationship should take place. Minors should be protected
Even if a student is 18 years old or over, there is a moral issue if a teacher has a relationship with their student regardless of age of student 18, 21, 30 etc. The fact that they are two adults is irrelevant

S

sophjones

Coming from being in an all girls school, gotta say that one of the teachers who did this (with a student who was 18) was fired as soon as the school found out. So I would probs recommend you don't tbh

S

SucculentnSweet

Coming from being in an all girls school, gotta say that one of the teachers who did this (with a student who was 18) was fired as soon as the school found out. So I would probs recommend you don't tbh

Their are moral rules that they apply in making decisions; and the nature of the relationship between teachers and students. In university, it is expected that teachers respect the rights, status and dignity of students, with whom they interact. It doesn’t matter if the student is 18 and over. The teacher has a position of trust and any action to take advantage of it is unethical.

Beasty220

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
In sixth form a student started dating a teacher. I don't think any of the other teachers knew but plenty of the pupils did. Last I heard they had two kids together

CarlHenderson

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Exactly, it’s not about ages when it comes to teacher student, it’s about being in a position of responsibility and influence. It’s just a massive no.

CarlHenderson

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Their are moral rules that they apply in making decisions; and the nature of the relationship between teachers and students. In university, it is expected that teachers respect the rights, status and dignity of students, with whom they interact. It doesn’t matter if the student is 18 and over. The teacher has a position of trust and any action to take advantage of it is unethical.
Exactly this. It’s just wrong…

Back