Positivity Thread

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Stay-Positive-Quotes-2.jpg

singleMBucks

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Sometimes a song suits your mood... can be uplifting, or even mournful, but it does the trick...

...we can also make our mood fit the song... ;)

Flexi12

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Sometimes we all need a place to recharge. A place to share our light. Or a place to feel safe. Share some positivity here. Memes, quotes, photos or what have you. It is all welcome. Come feed the fire of positivity. :)

Actually, I've been having a number of messages or chats of late about feeling a bit blue or a lot blue and not just in the ball department...with another winter fast approaching, sometimes it is nice to have a place that always feels warm and bright. Scroll a while and soak up a little positivity for your day.
This is a brilliant thread. Thank you for starting it. :)

Something I've just spotted for my Christmas wish list. Combines my favourite toy (non kinky one ;)) with one of my core beliefs.

Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
This is a brilliant thread. Thank you for starting it. :)

Something I've just spotted for my Christmas wish list. Combines my favourite toy (non kinky one ;)) with one of my core beliefs.

View attachment 94489
View attachment 94490
OMG! So my dad asked what to give the grandkids for Christmas, and I said lego people because we have a lot of lego but not so many people. So he asked amazon and this was recommended (this is a sad story by the way...i should warn you be for you read on) He wrote me back saying he wouldn't be buying the kids lego as it goes against his beliefs. :confused::rolleyes: I honestly don't know how I love that man sometimes. (it is such a cool set)

Thread:
LRM-101.jpg

shambles925

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Yes, it's definitely sad. I can understand where such 'values' come from and can only hope that over time things change.

Warning: Flexi12 is long-winded and is on his Equality and Diversity soapbox. :)
I always think that in many ways I've been lucky that I was able to live abroad and get to know many people from every part of the world and with diverse sexual orientations, cultures, religions, disabilities, you name it... The lesson it's taught me is that Diversity is the greatest gift that the human race has. When people embrace it, anything is possible. Sadly, however, too many people fear it and get consumed by hatred and animosity and use labels as an excuse for bullying, abuse, or even terrorism and genocide. :(

For much of my life I would have identified as straight. I fancied girls a lot, got married, had two wonderful kids....
....but no happy ending. :( I started to suspect I was bi in my 30's but supressed it. I wondered then if it was a coincidence that, at school, many of my friends were gay and even my very first, tentative, sexual experience was with another boy (my best friend, who was bi). I also started to realise I had needs and craved things that many others would be shocked by and label me a pervert, kinky or a weirdo. My wife would definitely not have approved. To her, vanilla is an exotic flavour. :(

Warning the next bit is sad. (And positive too :))

I suppressed myself - my very identity for many years. However, what I didn't realise is that I was gradually growing more and more depressed. To everyone who knew me, I was together, sorted, successful, in control, everyone's rock. But inside I was dead. One day, without warning, premeditation, or any outward signs, I just imploded, like a star collapsing into a black hole. I tried to take my own life by drinking antifreeze (ethylene glycol). I'll cut a very avery long story short (I could write a novel about what came next). Clearly I survived. The ethylene glycol wiped out nearly my entire nervous system. The only reason I survived was that my brain and part of my spinal cord were unaffected. It was a miracle I survived, the docs said. It left me for the best part of a year on life support and totally paralysed. There followed many years of painful treatment, physiotherpy, psychiatric help, soul searching and trying to comfort my family. I pulled through, though - with the help of many, wonderful and brilliant people. I can't honestly say I've fully physically recovered. Although a large part of my nervous system has regernerated (an amazing thing!) it has left me with virtually no sensation below the knees, my balance is very poor (yoga helps massively with this) and I need to use a stick to balance when I walk. I am ok with these things, I'm lucky to have what I've got. Mentally, I'm probably stronger and more self-aware than I've ever been.

This has taught me that it's a very bad thing to try and deny and hide who you really are. Express yourself, be proud, never aplogise, love who you are. Respect others and accept them for who they are and celebrate differences. I also gradually realised that (after looking up the 'official' definition) that I'm really pansexual. I love everyone, at least in some way:):):):):):cool:.

A question I put in the 'Do you...?' thread: Do you ever regret anything in the past?
I regret not being more open with myself and ackowleging who I am. I feel it's sad, but almost inevitable that it took a crisis to kickstart change. I have no regrets or bitterness that I bear some physical and mental scars because of it. I wear them with pride. They are badges I collected as I gained precious wisdom. I I certainly don't regret getting to know the incredible people I met on my journey back to life.

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Thank you for sharing this. It’s a great lesson to all

Back