Positivity Thread

GrumpyOldishMan

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
The world is like a ride at an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it, you think it's real, because that's how powerful our minds are.

And the ride goes up and down and round and round and it has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud. And it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: 'Is this real? Or is this just a ride?' And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and they say 'Hey! Don't worry, don't be afraid -- ever -- because... this is just a ride.'

And we kill those people. 'Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride! Shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry; look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real.'

It's just a ride.

But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that -- ever notice that? -- and we let the demons run amok.

But it doesn't matter, because... it's just a ride, and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort. No worry. No job. No savings and money. Just a choice, right now, between fear and love.

The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your door, buy bigger guns, close yourself off.

The eyes of love, instead, see all of us as one.

- Bill Hicks

Chump1

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Reach for the stars and if not quite there reach for a Greggs steak bake mmmmm

Chump1

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Staying at my Mums for her birthday tomorrow I’m 60 cough cough she’s 96 just got told me off for coming in late from the pub. I hope I inherited her genes.

S

Sparky54

There are things I’ve come to learn in life.
No matter how much I prepare today it may never be enough to prepare me for tomorrow.
Love is not holding hands when everything is rosy
It’s holding hands when everything is falling apart.
As strong as I am physically if my mind isn’t strong then my body is weak.
I don’t need to try and be anything that I’m not meant to be and I don’t need man’s approval.
Life does hurt more than it feels good so I have to make the most of every moment of happiness that comes my way.
If I am breathing then there is a plan for my life……

Back