My (the) last two start your (the) next one

dicusdiminutivus

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Essentially no more complicated than the familiar last letter - first letter, just requires a little more application.

Each post will have a word, and the first two letters of the next word must start with the last two letters of the previous word. No points or prizes, but extra kudos for the obscure and perverse. Also of course, subject continuation and/or alliteration: doubt we'll get some acrostics, but there are some very bright people here (stolen and edited from DOB's thread).

For example, 'Anus' could be followed by 'useful', followed by 'ultimate' . That's a final example.

So, for starters.

Premier

dicusdiminutivus

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Indefatigable.

Just realised, once again, that even in something as simple as 'Count down and show …' people here are incapable of understanding the basic requirement, so see little hope for this thread!

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
(I am pretty certain there are no words that start lt...)

ordinary

dicusdiminutivus

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
(Like the concept of comment before the word, interesting. Yes [lt] not easy nor is [ry], so let's watch out for the spoilers (I'd probably do the same)).

Rye

dicusdiminutivus

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
(Had hopes for this thread, as some (many ) of our more astute regulars in other word games are more than capable of following the principles. However, whatever.)

Yesterday

(was such an easy game to play)

dicusdiminutivus

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Anyone? else think it ain't that difficult?

Aylesbury
would've met the criteria

Back