Live versions

Flexi12

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Seen so many bands live, so many brilliant and memorable gigs. One band always sticks out in my mind - Level 42. Lost count of how many times I've seen them but they blow me away every time. Mar King's bass playing is just mesmerising. Here's an oldie:

Flexi12

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
While on the subject of brilliant bass players, Mick Karn (RIP Maestro) of Japan was untouchable. Japan were one of the most inventive and original bands of the 80s. Not to mention the most stylish. Sadly, they split up too soon.

Flexi12

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Oh yes! Genius. Al those brill Dave Gilmour tracks reminds me of an open air Pink Floyd concert I went to at the Hockenheim Ring in Germany. It was the Delicate Sound of Thunder Tour. Jaw dropping. :):):):)

Here's a bit of a left-field choice. Here's a band I booked for our uni hall ball in 1984 - The Icicle Works. They were amazing, but sadly never got the commercial success they deserved. Big fan of Ian McNab, a really talented guy.

Flexi12

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Ohhh, the quality's flowing. It's going to take me hours to watch this lot. Not get much work done tomorrow. :) I have to post this one.

A big regret I'll always have is that I never saw Emerson, Lake and Palmer live. Three insanely gifted guys. They worked magic together. It was Keith Emerson who sparked my love of keyboards and synths. I still drool whenever I see his Moog Modular rig in action. Sadly Keith and Greg are no longer with us :(, but, as thay say, 'There must be one hell of a party going on in heaven'.

Flexi12

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Got to include these guys. The grandfathers of electronic pop. Massively influential. Seen them a few times. Great shows. I sometimes wonder, though, what they do when they're on a web page with CAPTCHA protection. Must spend hours looking for the checkbox labelled 'I AM a robot'. ;)

Flexi12

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Can't talk electronic music without mentioning OMD. Andy McCluskey is still doing his legendary windmill dance.

Back