Let's get physical

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Question for anyone: When it comes to fitness, what it your preference solo play or team play?

Enigma47

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
M
Question for anyone: When it comes to fitness, what it your preference solo play or team play?
team play every time. Better for the soul and especially the drinking afterwards...

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
*nestles in for the telling*

Ankle or knee?

johnny85

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
No, although I sometimes carry people...

I like to run/jump street obstacles as I get quite bored just running.
Piggy back or fireman’s carry? Lol.

Sounds abit more parkour then than just running! I like the escape with my music.

johnny85

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
My question to the floor is how often do you exercise and if you can’t workout for what ever reason how long until you start to get a bit on edge lol.

For me I try and do something 3-4times a week and any more than 3days and I get grouchy lol

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
My two cents:

a gym membership is a waste of money for 90% of people and their fitness goals.

Having a good diet is more important than exercise. Ideally you want both, but having a sustainable diet is a necessity for being in shape unless you absolutely live in the gym.

People demonize carbs too much.

Adequate sleep and water are important.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to reach out.

View attachment 119633
I love you're two cents
Absolutely for a good shape food is everything

@JamesMarcus121212 what is your Fitness background?

For me being physically active is more for mental happiness.

@johnny85 to answer your questions: almost every day whether commuting by bike or walking to the shop or dancing around the kitchen.

In terms of deliberately intense exercise, two or three times a month, although I've taken to jogging most evenings of late because I can't spend as much time in the sun thanks to modern medicine.

And I don't tend to get grouchy but after a week or 10 days of not really doing anything I do get kind of slow and sad and out of focus. So I try not to let that happen.

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Piggy back or fireman’s carry? Lol.

Sounds abit more parkour then than just running! I like the escape with my music.
Very very low intensity parkour.

Piggy back, mostly.

What is your best running music?

johnny85

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
@Firefly sorry confused by the modern medicine comment? Are you taking something that makes you burn easily?

That’s great you commute to work! I used to but since moving jobs its abit far, and no shower at work either now for when you get there!

Haha well if you ever need some ballast I’m a great piggy-back-ee lol.

I tend to like dance music and remixes etc. Something with a good beat, I’ve got my Spotify running playlist to head out with.
How about you? Listen to music for your jogs to?

How did the fun run go?

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score

johnny85

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
@Firefly well lucky the days are getting shorter then I guess! Hope you’re back to ‘normal’ soon :)

Ah music makes it sooo much better, like you say helps the pacing, stops the boredom and when it’s hurting and/or going up a massive hill helps push you on with a good tune. Try it! You might like it lol.

Ah sorry! GL for next week then!

Back