Being naked in the UK

Nakedguy

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
During the summer I will spend days naked and challenge myself by leaving my clothes at home. It's very easy to do for a guy.

On these days I will wake up make coffee and breakfast and plan where I intend to go. After breakfast I shower, water the garden then prepare myself by usually covering myself with mosquito repellent and sun tan lotion. I then check the street and go to my car and drive off. Driving in the nude is another experience.

When I get to my destination I will park up and set my phone and activity tracker to record my walk. After 10 mins I will then get out of the car and walk.

The Forests, fells and walks that I use are not always popular during the weekdays. Generally if i see someone first I will either find suitable hiding spot or seat where I can stay until they pass. Sometimes though I don't see others until it is to late and these cases I found that hiding and covering up is the worst thing to do. It's like an admission of guilt which fuels people's suspicions, For this reason when this happens I tend to walk on and engage them with a greeting as I pass. I have found that the people I meet by accident have different opinions of my nudity.

Most of the walks I do are between 10 and 25 Kilometers and I do take my time by talking photos of the walk or just stopping in clearing or sun spots and sunbathing. I also know of a few walks where I can skinny dip and love the feeling of cold water on my body on a hot sunny day.

Usually I will return to the car late in the afternoon which can also be a challenge because of dog walkers who park in the same car park. I usually meet these challenges in the same way I do when I am walking and go straight to the car and leave.
PICT_20200624_141357-01.jpeg

alex4660

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Good for you! I've often driven someplace, left my clothes in the car & then walked for an hour or so. It's as well to know (& be confident in the knowledge) that it's not illegal to be naked, even in public. I certainly agree, hiding or covering up if already seen just looks guilty!

IMG_20230212_114552.jpgIMG_20230212_114610.jpg

dicusdiminutivus

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Doubt I'd have the courage solo, being a wrinkly, also inbuilt reticence to display what's at best an averagely small penis! (OK, small then). So probably have to stick to the back garden or skinny dipping in a private pool in a warm climate.
62d73b1965f7f1.65652853.jpg

62c4be53d42569.14919776.jpg

Airrad

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
During the summer I will spend days naked and challenge myself by leaving my clothes at home. It's very easy to do for a guy.

On these days I will wake up make coffee and breakfast and plan where I intend to go. After breakfast I shower, water the garden then prepare myself by usually covering myself with mosquito repellent and sun tan lotion. I then check the street and go to my car and drive off. Driving in the nude is another experience.

When I get to my destination I will park up and set my phone and activity tracker to record my walk. After 10 mins I will then get out of the car and walk.

The Forests, fells and walks that I use are not always popular during the weekdays. Generally if i see someone first I will either find suitable hiding spot or seat where I can stay until they pass. Sometimes though I don't see others until it is to late and these cases I found that hiding and covering up is the worst thing to do. It's like an admission of guilt which fuels people's suspicions, For this reason when this happens I tend to walk on and engage them with a greeting as I pass. I have found that the people I meet by accident have different opinions of my nudity.

Most of the walks I do are between 10 and 25 Kilometers and I do take my time by talking photos of the walk or just stopping in clearing or sun spots and sunbathing. I also know of a few walks where I can skinny dip and love the feeling of cold water on my body on a hot sunny day.

Usually I will return to the car late in the afternoon which can also be a challenge because of dog walkers who park in the same car park. I usually meet these challenges in the same way I do when I am walking and go straight to the car and leave.
View attachment 131050
Sounds amazing

dicusdiminutivus

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Good for you! I've often driven someplace, left my clothes in the car & then walked for an hour or so. It's as well to know (& be confident in the knowledge)
Now that's another thought, though my solo reticence would hold me back, sit naked in the car on the drive would be an adventure, but who knows, one day, congenial company, remote area … could break a hoodo.

C

Charliecream

View attachment 131050
I actually do the same ramble in the woods. Personally I find it very liberating to walk in the open air naked it gives you that sense of freedom being fully naked and being constraint by clothes.

ukpeeper

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I actually do the same ramble in the woods. Personally I find it very liberating to walk in the open air naked it gives you that sense of freedom being fully naked and being constraint by clothes.
Isn't it illegal to be naked outside? Otherwise i am sure there would be a lot more naked people

alex4660

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Isn't it illegal to be naked outside? Otherwise i am sure there would be a lot more naked people
There is NO law against nudity outdoors, provided you are not engaging in any sexual activity or 'behaviour liable to cause a breach of the peace '. The much flaunted 'Indecent exposure' is similar to assault and it has to be proved that you intended physical or mental harm (ie flashing). Simply walking naked in the countryside is not illegal.
I should add that walking naked in a public area, while not technically illegal, is liable to be viewed by the police as a public disorder offence and they will find something to charge you with. And don't accept a formal warning, that will end up on your record - stick to your rights.

Last edited:

dicusdiminutivus

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
There is NO law against nudity outdoors, provided you are not engaging in any sexual activity or 'behaviour liable to cause a breach of the peace '. The much flaunted 'Indecent exposure' is similar to assault and it has to be proved that you intended physical or mental harm (ie flashing). Simply walking naked in the countryside is not illegal.
I should add that walking naked in a public area, while not technically illegal, is liable to be viewed by the police as a public disorder offence and they will find something to charge you with. And don't accept a formal warning, that will end up on your record - stick to your rights.
Clearly put, but walking naked on a high street in a small Oxfordshire town might not be what's societally expected or accepted and could thusly be a potential breach of the peace.

(Not that I'm suggesting this as an action!)

ukpeeper

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I can imagine walking naked in the countryside would feel great but not sure I want to risk it lol

ClaudiaCD

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I'm not sure on the legal aspect as I suppose being naked might be deemed to be an act of lewd behavior.
Being naked is not illegal, indecent exposure is, which means if you are doing it for sexual pleasure by exposing your genitals in public you are breaking the law

alex4660

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
"Lewd behavior" is specific to touching your own (or someone else's) genitals, breasts, or making sexual gestures - it's nothing to do with nudity.

Airrad

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
There is a nude town in France though isn't there?

Ianwxx

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Interesting debate I am a member of BN ( British Naturism ) and have copied an extract from an article on their website.

Public Nudity is not illegal however , BN has been involved in a long running project to try to address the problem that nudity in a public place is not illegal, but it is often treated as if it is by the Police, Crown Prosecution Service and the Courts.

I think the difficulty many of you may face is that it can depend on if and whether someone complains, which then comes down to how the authorities react, which may vary widely depending where you are in the UK. Also my own personal opinion is that if you are a member of some sort of club which has access to legal advice and possibly representation if needed , you are on much safer ground. It is also worth remembering that some members of the public might take matters into their own hands and attack a lone individual.

C

Charliecream

I love to be naked in public, I just try and be respectful of high public traffic areas and be mindful x
You should try walking in the woods on a summer's day. Wear something comfortable that you whip on and off and wear no bra or panties...and if the fresh air gets to you find a nice safe place and have a play ...

Back