An alluring combination... Cherry to Blossom.

Tier

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
image.jpeg

It is not lost on me that the meaning of much that I write is not well understood. Some say if you have to explain a poem its failed. Id flip that around and say what of the readers responsibility to be culturally assimilated, familiar with surrealism and the writings of visionaries who constructed and promulgated altered realities some of which great movements of literature and culture are built upon, such as Artaud who inspires the subject of my darkly exotic intersectional writings.
Let it suffice to say then at the very least these poems are streams of consciousness that may give hints through a gleaning of suggestive images.

Tier

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
image.jpeg

You must forget all your theories, all your ideas before the subject. What part of these is really your own will be expressed in your expression of the emotion awakened in you by the subject. A tension develops between what I want and what is emerging. This tension is important to the feeling of the piece... Stones dream of shapes they might become. The sculptor has but to listen.

What a face this girl possessed!—could I not gaze at it every day I would need to recreate it through painting, sculpture, or fatherhood until a second such face is born. Her face, at once innocent and feral, soft and wild! Her mouth voluptuous. Eyes deep as oceans, her eyes as wide as planets. I likened her to the slender Psyché and judged that the perfection of her face ennobled everything unclean around her: the dusty hems of her bunched-up skirt, the worn straps of her nightshirt; the blackened soles of her tiny bare feet, the coal-stained balcony bricks upon which she sat, and that dusty wrought-ironwork that framed her perch. All this and the pungent air!—almost foul, with so many odours. Ô, that and the spicy night! …Pungency, spice, filth and night, dust and light; all things dark did blossom in sight; flower and bloom, the night has its pearl too—the moon! And once a month it will make the face of this tender girl bloom.

Tier

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
image.jpeg

Cazz I'm still shocked at what you did the other day !! :p

Back