Neighbourhood Q&A

Flexi12

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
@Flexi12 How did you come to Yoga?
Wow! Big question. It's a really personal journey, but I'll answer it openly to show how powerful it can be. Let me just remove this Gaffa Tape. Ahhhh!

My first real contact was through one of my physiotherapists when I was doing physical rehab after the 'incident' mentioned in the positivity thread. She was a keen Yoga practitioner and taught me lots of things to try and ways to help my mobility. It was when we started working on these exercises (that's not really the right word) that my recovery really went into overdrive. In just a few months I went from wheelchair to crutches to tentative first steps. The Docs had said I'd never walk again. I told them, "I'm a Liverpool fan, mate - I will but I won't walk alone." Pity they didn't say I'd never be a millionaire. ;) I Love proving them wrong! Btw, They'd also said I had zero chance of surviving the poison.

I really started in earnest when I left rehab and attended a centre in our local community for people with mental distress and ill health. A staff member there ran Yoga sessions. I was already on board. She lived Yoga - her sessions were a revelation to me. I learnt about meditation and mindfulness and, I suppose, just how to be kind to myself and forgive myself. We connected on a very deep level and, I guess it was a spiritual level. (Seriously, I'm not talking anything kinky or any impropriety) I'd never experienced anything like it before. Yoga simply became a part of me.

People often ask how often I practise Yoga. The answer is 24/7. It is me! It isn't just a nifty form of exercise or relaxation. Yes it can be that, certainly. But it's anything at all you need and want it to be.

Namaste, and peace, health and happiness to all UKChatters

namaste).jpg

Walks

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
@Walks what is flavoured water? And do you drink milk? (I know that is two questions...)
Getting gready with your questions lol but seriously keep the coming if you like

Flavoured water is basically bottled water with flavour, my current favourite is mango and passionfruit

Occasionally drink milk but most often it's just on my cereal at breakfast, I do drink fruit juices too

@Firefly a question for you as you currently seem to be the only one asking, will you marry me? (haha joking) you have a great figure, do you work out?

Foreigner69

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
@Foreigner69 How many languages do you speak? (you don't have to list them) How did you learn them?
I speak two languages, my native language and english. English mostly I have learned at school (since I was 6), did some courses and a lot gave me just talking with ppl in english. English which we were teached in school is slight different than english you talk in UK :p I mean not words, but way you speak, accent, slang :) I had to get used to that style of english :) Even now after quite few years when I talk with someone I thin 'what the fuck is he talking about...?' :p I was learning german for 7 years at school and uni but without luck, I think it's becouse of teachers... Had really good english teachers but awful german teachers :p

So @Firefly now yours turn, have you got hobby? How it became your hobby? :)

Flexi12

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
@Adie When did you decide to become a cartoon character? Was it a conscious decision, or were you drawn to it (boom boom :D).

And what special significance does Shaggy have for you?

Adie

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
@Adie When did you decide to become a cartoon character? Was it a conscious decision, or were you drawn to it (boom boom :D).

And what special significance does Shaggy have for you?
Shaggy by nickname and nature.
Slim gangly, easily scared but brave at the same time. Great contradiction. Lol.
I've always been hairtus which is primeraly where shaggy came from.
I grew up on a staple diet of scooby doo and that's where my Velma fetish came from. Shaggy seems the perfect avatar and reflects my life mantra which is "Remember... Have fun".

singleMBucks

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
@singleMBucks What is your favourite colour lingerie?
Colour don't matter when modelled about a callipygous appendage... that said, I like the red... no, the blue... no, the red... the blue !! ;)

singleMBucks

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
@Firefly do you ever dabble with stockings and suspenders ? ;)

singleMBucks

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
@Adie do you know where Velma's glasses are... she seems to have lost them !! ;)

singleMBucks

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Back