Unable to log into chat.

S

SuzyWho

I have been using this site for nearly a year as a guest, always from the same devices (phone and tablet) and same browsers with no issues. Yesterday I decided to register, which was fine initially, but this morning I have tried to log into chat and I get a message telling me they've disconnected me from the server and banned for using private/hidden browsers, the same browsers I've used for nearly a year, the default browsers on Android devices.
Any ideas????
Sue

LonDom

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I have been using this site for nearly a year as a guest, always from the same devices (phone and tablet) and same browsers with no issues. Yesterday I decided to register, which was fine initially, but this morning I have tried to log into chat and I get a message telling me they've disconnected me from the server and banned for using private/hidden browsers, the same browsers I've used for nearly a year, the default browsers on Android devices.
Any ideas????
Sue
Im getting this message too - interested to know a solution

F

FunScottishGuy

Also cant get into chat via mobile. Just not loading at all, anyone else getting the same issue?

The_Doc

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Looks like the site committed suicide. The owners aren't taking care of this so will lose their members. It's been going this way for a while, sadly. This may be the final death nell of this chat site.

When owners ignore their customers, their businesses are doomed to fail.

Most here are hardly wanting to log in using anything other than incognito mode, and this is what is causing the problem. There's plenty of other choices out there. It was a fun ride, but time to move on.

The_Doc

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
This is a bit curt, too. Banned? Not just booted? I have never once been kicked out, nor had a problem with anyone. Appalling choice of language.

Reason: Banned: Incognito/private browsing mode is forbidden due to abuse. Please use normal mode

elwoodbluz1966

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This site has never allowed entry to anyone using a VPN. It is not a new procedure.

The problem lies with the settings on your device Im afraid. You need to disable the VPN.

S

SuzyWho

This site has never allowed entry to anyone using a VPN. It is not a new procedure.

The problem lies with the settings on your device Im afraid. You need to disable the VPN.
I'm not using a vpn. I could get into chat as a guest. 5 minutes later as a registered user. Nope.... Confusing.

The_Doc

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score

No VPN being used here. I am using the same system I have for the past 2+ years, and log in using the same PC every time.

How about not passing blame onto users? This is a site issue. Take responsibility.

elwoodbluz1966

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No VPN being used here. I am using the same system I have for the past 2+ years, and log in using the same PC every time.

How about not passing blame onto users? This is a site issue. Take responsibility.
Not quite sure who you think you are but you are extremely rude and condescending.

There is no 'site issue' or nobody would be able to log in, The problem DOES come with some users devices and it is usually within their settings, which often alter, especially after an update.

I suggest you drop your attiude. We're here to help where we can, not to be spoken to like that. We can't produce miricales.

Karys

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Yup same issue, always used same set up, now cant log in, site needs to do something

Back