Script problem on chat web page and no drop down box to select room

Supernova

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Hi, after you log in and want to use the chat room, you generally click the chat button on the main page and get the page telling you which room you want to select in a drop down box. That box does not seem to be there plus at the top of the page what looks like java script is shown. Also the same text happens when your in chat, its at top of the page then is covered by the chat room. There seems to be a error in the script somewhere, many people might not be able to access chat if they can't use that box.

Thanks

redginge

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I get this in Chrome Version 80.0.3987.132. The message I get is this:

(function (i, s, o, g, r, a, m) { i['GoogleAnalyticsObject'] = r; i[r] = i[r] || function () { (i[r].q = i[r].q || []).push(arguments) }, i[r].l = 1 * new Date(); a = s.createElement(o), m = s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0]; a.async = 1; a.src = g; m.parentNode.insertBefore(a, m) })(window, document, 'script', '(link to javascript)', 'ga'); ga('create', 'UA-111790795-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');

Looks like a Javascript error and I'm trying to work out what it is trying to do. I'm wondering if there is a function missing or a input missing that needs to go to one of the functions. If its something that they've added overnight (plausible), it might need some testing, on the other hand, I think I just figured out what it is, a missing advertisement, so I am wondering one of the pages they used has suddenly disappeared and the script can't handle it. (its happening on some other pages too.)

On a hilarious note, I sent Elwoodbluz1969 the error in chat as per my skills in software as a private message and then got banned so I'm out of chat for 3+ days as I triggered a lovely script. I've just looked back at it not realizing there is a link as well! Ooops. :redface:

Note to self, don't copy and paste programming code in chat ever again, even if it is my own source files in BASIC or C++, I'll trigger an automatic ban.

EDIT: Just had to take out the link to the javascript. Technical knowledge gets me not very far, even if it is for diagnostics reasons.

elwoodbluz1966

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I get this in Chrome Version 80.0.3987.132. The message I get is this:

Looks like a Javascript error and I'm trying to work out what it is trying to do. I'm wondering if there is a function missing or a input missing that needs to go to one of the functions. If its something that they've added overnight (plausible), it might need some testing, on the other hand, I think I just figured out what it is, a missing advertisement, so I am wondering one of the pages they used has suddenly disappeared and the script can't handle it. (its happening on some other pages too.)

On a hilarious note, I sent Elwoodbluz1969 the error in chat as per my skills in software as a private message and then got banned so I'm out of chat for 3+ days as I triggered a lovely script. I've just looked back at it not realizing there is a link as well! Ooops. :redface:

Note to self, don't copy and paste programming code in chat ever again, even if it is my own source files in BASIC or C++, I'll trigger an automatic ban.

EDIT: Just had to take out the link to the javascript. Technical knowledge gets me not very far, even if it is for diagnostics reasons.
We are aware of the current site issues and they have been reported.

You have not been banned @redginge - it is the site issue that is currently not letting you in.

redginge

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
You have not been banned @redginge - it is the site issue that is currently not letting you in.

Thanks, it told me I was banned for spamming (yourself in PM) for some reason. I thought I triggered an automated script but if it is a site issue, thank you for the info.

redginge

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Final update, I now can't get in at all, chat now comes up with this

Oops! An Error Occurred
The server returned a "500 Internal Server Error".
Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I guess something is badly broken or <joking mode> someone tripped over the CAT-5E/Fibre Optic cable.</joking mode>

elwoodbluz1966

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try again now with another browser maybe - the site issue has been fixed now and chatters are getting in ok

Back