Inconsistent & Arbitrary

DiscoVolante

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Let's cut to the chase: Yes, it's a free site. No, it's not exactly important in the grand scheme of things but...

The inconsistent, seemingly arbitrary and subjective application of the site rules by the chat moderators is clearly an issue.

Whether it's falsely suggesting that people are uploading illegal content, or banning people for nothing more than a moderator making a mistake when looking at an image; these actions hurt your bottom line, because people take their business elsewhere.

I know the mods work for free, and no doubt have to deal with genuinely despicably individuals. That said, there's no excuse for turning into a middle-management-type busybody with delusions of grandeur.

A fair application of the rules is all that we are asking for. At present, this isn't happening.

There are no warnings. There is no prior indication that content may be problematic. I know that mods tell the admin of this forum that they do give out warnings, but I have never seen this happen and it certainly hasn't happened to me directly.

In my case, an earlier ban has led to the situation being escalated. This evening, I was banned for allegedly posting urine-related content. Again, this was an outright lie. Even giving the moderator the benefit of the doubt, the only possible image that might possibly have looked like it could, maybe, if you squint your eyes and believe it really, really hard involve someone peeing...didn't have a single drop of liquid visible.

To reiterate, these bans are inconsequential; a temporary inconvenience, but an inconvenience that is being caused directly by your staff, and for reasons that are, in my own cases, entirely fictional.

From one business owner to another: This sort of thing can and will screw your entire bottom line. I've seen dozens of good chat sites over the years, die off due to overzealous moderators and unjust bans.

The mods are, by and large, cool; don't get me wrong. If they could just stop throwing the banhammer around so casually, I'm sure everyone would get on a lot better.

DiscoVolante

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Here is an example of your moderator (after having kicked me out for having reported their personal attacks on an individual) banning people entirely, based on a personal grievance.

This individual should be banned themselves.

Attachments

• CHATLOH1.PNG
    CHATLOH1.PNG
    23.6 KB · Views: 25
Back