• Yes

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

Dredd51

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Si ive come to the thought that guest user names should be stopped...if people cant be bothered to spend a minute to register on the site why let them use it plus its a way that trolls and other muppets use to scam and cause trouble ..whats everyones opinion on this ?

Holy-Cow

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I agree Dredd51. Too many people are hiding behind several guest names to cause shit.

Davii

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Unlikely to happen - guest name users double the user figures, which means a better deal with advertisers.

H

HuntersWay

I would have to agree, guests make it difficult and more work for the Hosts to keep members safe from fakes. Not that some fakes won’t go to the length to create a profile, however, it’s a bit of a challenge for them. Though Davii has a point, I think Stevlio would be ok on this one site.

L

LA75

There's more guests than users. They are the bread and butter of the site. If someone wants to hide behind a different I.D and cause trouble there's nothing stopping them from creating several profiles. So you are left with the same problem.

Sumiko

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Si ive come to the thought that guest user names should be stopped...if people cant be bothered to spend a minute to register on the site why let them use it plus its a way that trolls and other muppets use to scam and cause trouble ..whats everyones opinion on this ?

I agree up to a point, Dredd, it does get annoying when you're being constantly messaged by people with no photo and no personal info. Maybe split the difference and allow Guest users a grace period of, say, two weeks, before they have to sign up.

Sumiko signature.png

Back