Good Morning - a small request please

cherryblossom21

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have been using this site for years, but have found that when having conversations via the email structure we are unable to add images at all... Please could we change that... We don't all want to go into the chat and this would help us have a much more enjoyable time on a one to one basis... Please...

Thank you Cherry

Adie

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have been using this site for years, but have found that when having conversations via the email structure we are unable to add images at all... Please could we change that... We don't all want to go into the chat and this would help us have a much more enjoyable time on a one to one basis... Please...

Thank you Cherry
Good point. I second this.
Suggest you forward to staff who could find out if it would be a possibility.
@elwoodbluz1966 & @Miss_Understanding

Adie

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Wow, thank you for the support guys, I'm hoping we can get this... it would be a lot more personal...
You're welcome. Always happy to support. Feel free to get personal any time too. Remember... Have fun

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Does the "add image" via link function work?

Life hack for adding pics in conversations:

Step 1: open chat
Step 2: PM yourself
Step three: Send yourself a pic in PM
Next step: copy the link address of the pic you sent yourself
After that: return to email in forum and paste the link into the add pic via link in your email inbox

presto...personal pics in a conversation.

added benefit, pics automatically disappear after a certain time frame

cherryblossom21

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Oh, that is excellent information... Thank you so much. I'm sure that is very helpful to a lot of people. :)

I myself was trying to avoid going onto the chat platform altogether though, hence asking for the correct upload method. :)

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
You can also host the picture anywhere off site.

Make a fake facebook account.
or imgBB or postimages.org also host photos without making them public, so you can use the link. They also have timer settings if you want.

Other options a wordpress or similar blog. again, set the privacy setting so it isn't searchable by engines, or not publicly available etc. then post your photos there and then copy and paste the link

cherryblossom21

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
You can also host the picture anywhere off site.

Make a fake facebook account.
or imgBB or postimages.org also host photos without making them public, so you can use the link. They also have timer settings if you want.

Other options a wordpress or similar blog. again, set the privacy setting so it isn't searchable by engines, or not publicly available etc. then post your photos there and then copy and paste the link
Thank you for your help, I will definitely consider looking into doing that in the meantime. :)

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
One other thing about going into chat...if you enter a room to get in, PM yourself, then leave the main room immediately, so only your private chat remains....that way you can stay in chat with out being bothered by other chatters.
(you should have your settings so only friends you follow can see you online etc, so that you don't show up in friend lists of randoms who follow you)

cherryblossom21

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
One other thing about going into chat...if you enter a room to get in, PM yourself, then leave the main room immediately, so only your private chat remains....that way you can stay in chat with out being bothered by other chatters.
(you should have your settings so only friends you follow can see you online etc, so that you don't show up in friend lists of randoms who follow you)
hehehe, you've got every angle covered.. :D Thank you, I appreciate it and I'm sure others do too.

cherryblossom21

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score

After that: return to email in forum and paste the link into the add pic via link in your email inbox

ukchat jpeg doesn't work.png
I did as you suggested and it still comes up with that... it's a shame really... because this chat template has the ability to use the upload function, but they have it disabled. I went to find the demo for this sites' forum and chat program... and it has the function clearly visible and working in it.

So I know the functionality is there, just don't really understand why they won't enable it.

Cherry

Last edited:

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Hmm.
I sometimes get that memo when the file is too big the Max file size in chat and the file size in forums with different I think.
Or if this is a content from another website that website might have a block that stops you from uploading their contents to different sites...
But as they say where there's a will there's a way I'm sure you'll figure it out ;)

Stiffernow

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Imgur account ? You can set the pics to private and links are added to each pic automatically

M

Mrbluesky

I'm sure to make a complete hash of this thank you

S

Ste1972

Works a treat Ty @Firefly xx

G

GodofThunder

Thanks for this, it works

but not for video? Does it depend on vid file format? I tried this morning using iPhone to shoot and edited vid on iPad, but it doesn’t show up in list when I go to upload

Firefly

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Thanks for this, it works

but not for video? Does it depend on vid file format? I tried this morning using iPhone to shoot and edited vid on iPad, but it doesn’t show up in list when I go to upload
You would have to upload the video into one of the supported video platforms such as YouTube or Dailymotion. And then use the insert media function to link to the uploaded video.
Better move would be to convert your video into a gif as gifs can be uploaded like jpegs.

Back