Forum Moderation

D

DirtyOldBastard

I know that there are moderators in Chat - I've seen them online, and have seen them at work sometimes.

But there doesn't seem to be much moderation of the forums - I've seen the occasional post that's been edited, but there doesn't appear to be any management of the forums.

It can be a little frustrating when a new thread appears in the wrong part of the forums (putting in the right place would give a better chance of it hitting the right audience, and not annoy other users), so having that thread moved to the appropriate place would be a useful service.

Also seeing an old, redundant thread springing back to life after months of inactivity - is there no way of archiving or locking these so that anything that may be useful can still be gleaned from them without it popping to the top of the boards simply because someone's replied not realising it's old; and they're not going to get a response because the original poster has left, or is no longer interested in that topic.

It would also be useful in getting rid of those posts by people who create an account just to advertise their pictures/videos/website (there are advertisers who already pay to advertise, so why allow these fakes/scammers to do it for free?).

Just my tuppence ha'penny worth, if it's even worth that.

D

DirtyOldBastard

A couple of other people have mentioned their frustration/annoyance at seeing older threads, usually created by ladies who have long since left the boards, rise to the top because over-enthusiastic guys are trying to hit on them without reading previous posts explaining that that particular profile is no longer in use.

Can you lock threads that are no longer used to prevent people from posting to them, perhaps after a month of inactivity?

Emeris

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
A couple of other people have mentioned their frustration/annoyance at seeing older threads, usually created by ladies who have long since left the boards, rise to the top because over-enthusiastic guys are trying to hit on them without reading previous posts explaining that that particular profile is no longer in use.

Can you lock threads that are no longer used to prevent people from posting to them, perhaps after a month of inactivity?

I would agree with this totally

GothPrincess

UKChat Expert
Reaction score

And then they consistently get bumped to the top because let's face it, most people here only comprehend the basics of using a forum and don't know how to check the date of the original post or the fact that a single click on the OP's name will tell them the last time they visited the site. More than half the time they're bumping a thread that was posted for attention, then OP has subsequently left the site. I get that it's good for analytics and traffic, but it's otherwise a fucking eyesore.

Back