Last book you read?

BlueSideDoc

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Currently restarting a favorite series: the Anita Blake series by laurell k Hamilton Guilty pleasures is book one

FilthyDom

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Equal Rites by Terry Pratchett. I'm binge reading the entire Discworld series at the minute

Nagromnai

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
One of my favourite questions to ask a guy when they're trying it on and l'm looking to sort the good from the bad. So throwing it open to the masses.
Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch

LeedsLad88

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Desperation by Stephen King. Really freaky. Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz is awesome and anything by the late great Terry Prattchet. Omg, What a nerd I am haha

Spanking

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
One of my favourite questions to ask a guy when they're trying it on and l'm looking to sort the good from the bad. So throwing it open to the masses.
Story of O, the only bed time story to read to a siren such as you.

Ryancastle

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Was given Good Omens as an xmas pres, so currently rushing to read Before it arrives on bbc2.

One before that was Raising Steam by terry pratchett. About the invention of the steam train on Discworld

Any DIscworld book always cheers me up. A personal favourite is Jingo, Sam Vimes at his buttock prodding best

Ryancastle

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Last book I read was From Russia With Love. Not high brow I know, but I wanted an easy holiday read, and nobody does it better than James Bond

Reactions: VIP

Tier

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
One Hundred Years of Solitude by author Gabriel García Márquez.

“In that Macondo forgotten even by the birds, where the dust and the heat had become so strong that it was difficult to breathe, secluded by solitude and love and by the solitude of love in a house where it was almost impossible to sleep because of the noise of the red ants, Aureliano, and Amaranta Úrsula were the only happy beings, and the most happy on the face of the earth.”

Tier

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
“We are travellers on a cosmic journey,stardust,swirling and dancing in the eddies and whirlpools of infinity. Life is eternal. We have stopped for a moment to encounter each other, to meet, to love, to share.This is a precious moment. It is a little parenthesis in eternity.”

The Alchemist ― Paulo Coelho.

Tier

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
“Some people you meet and they're your friend for a day. Some you meet and you never really know at all. And then there are those who get caught inside your soul and stay there forever.”

After Forever Ends ― Melodie Ramone.

Tier

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
“There is in all things a pattern that is part of our universe. It has symmetry, elegance, and grace - these qualities you find always in that the true artist captures. You can find it in the turning of the seasons, the way sand trails along a ridge, in the branch clusters of the creosote bush of the pattern of its leaves. We try to copy these patterns in our lives and in our society, seeking the rhythms, the dances, the forms that comfort. Yet, it is possible to see peril in the finding of ultimate perfection. It is clear that the ultimate pattern contains its own fixity. In such perfection, all things move towards death.”

Dune ― Frank Herbert.

Tier

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
“For example, at a recent conference on psychoneuroimmunology—a new science that studies the way the mind (psycho), the nervous system (neuro), and the immune system (immunology) interact—Candace Pert, chief of brain biochemistry at the National Institute of Mental Health, announced that immune cells have neuropeptide receptors. Neuropeptides are molecules the brain uses to communicate, the brain's telegrams, if you will. There was a time when it was believed that neuropeptides could only be found in the brain. But the existence of receptors (telegram receivers) on the cells in our immune system implies that the immune system is not separate from but is an extension of the brain. Neuropeptides have also been found in various other parts of the body, leading Pert to admit that she can no longer tell where the brain leaves off and the body begins.”

The Holographic Universe ― Michael Talbot.

Tier

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
“Anticipation is more potent than a whip and more compelling than handcuffs. The ability to tease and arouse a woman is a subtle skill few men ever bother to learn,” I said. “But learning the art of anticipation can make a woman go weak at the knees with longing.”

Interview with a Master ― Jason Luke.

Tier

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
“She’d never believed in love at first sight but she did believe in recognition at first sight, she believed in understanding upon meeting someone for the first time that they were going to be important in her life, a sensation like recognising a familiar face in an old photograph: in a sea of faces that mean nothing, one comes into focus. You.”

The Glass Hotel ― Emily St. John Mandel.

Tier

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
“The effect of this cannot be understood without being there. The beauty of it cannot be understood, either, and when you see beauty in desolation it changes something inside you. Desolation tries to colonise you. That's how the madness of the world tries to colonise you: from the outside in, forcing you to live in its reality..... Silence creates its own violence.”

Annihilation ― Jeff VanderMeer.

Back